Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Domestification, is that a word?



Perhaps it's the new-found spare time on my hands...or an effort to stay busy...but I went domestic today.  The Chocolate Dipped Citrus was actually kinda fun to make.

The recipe called for Oranges, but I threw in some Grapefruits for good measure.  Take the peels from both fruits and slice into thin strips.  Blanch the peels 2-3 times.  Create a simple syrup using 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a saucepan, simmer peels for about an hour.  Cool.  Melt dark (or milk, who cares-chocolate is chocolate) chocolate with a double boiler.  Dip.  Allow to cool/dry on wax paper. And you're done!

With the extra chocolate sauce I dipped some raw cranberries so I can add some color to my concoction. I'm considering even freezing them...could be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment